August 26, 2016

My First Take On Tree of Saviour

So almost a week ago I started playing Tree of Savior and I didn't notice that I actually liked it. Just in case you don't know the game that I'm talking about here is the official website - www.treeofsavior.com. It is a game produced by the same person who created Ragnarok Online - Seyong Kim, and you could say that it would really feel nostalgic playing T.O.S if you were playing R.O back then. I was actually hesitant of playing this game because of the reviews that I read on but nonetheless as saying says "Experience is the best teacher", I wanted to know how bad really the game that makes almost half of the player base didn't like it. I first started the game with some of my friends from the Queens Guild Community, If you're a newbie too just like us join us and let's explore the world of Tree of Savior together.


This is the front page when you check out the Reviews Tab of the game. Arguably, one of the most noted feedback is about the game not really optimize causing for FPS Drop resulting in a sluggish game performance even if you're using a high-end PC. In my case I'm getting at around average of 35-40 FPS which is roughly "playable" but things really get sluggish when fighting the boss due to the effects (even If I set my performance settings to low mode), and staying in a populated channel. Take note that I never experience disconnection due to server issue, which is really a good thing.


As of writing I have 2 characters, the first one is a level 100 wizard while the 2nd one which I am more focus is Level 70 wizard. There are only 4 basic classes you can choose from, all not-gender locked, namely Wizard, Swordsman, Cleric and Archer. But don't be disappointed with just only 4 choices since you will be surely get crazy when you rank up and select the job advancement you will take on. One of the reason why I created a 2nd wizard because I felt like my first one was a total mess. Haha, but I still love her.


The first thing that I really made me "wow" is the Background Music, trust me the BGM is just so awesome. I also like the 2D Chibi visual design of the game It feels simple and visually stunning. Honestly, I like the game. Yes there are gold sellers shouting from then and now but every game has that problem too. Yes FPS drop issue is real guys but the game is still playable. I'm not sure but some players are having 170 FPS average some have 40FPS. For my case got 40FPS here.


The game is really grindy. super PVE-Oriented [even though it has PVP system called Battle Team League ] and I like it. The only thing that I don't like is walking. I really have to walk all those maps because there is no "free" mount. Haha. Overall the game is addictive and you'll like it if you're a pve lover and even not. That's it for now guys. I'll be posting soon if possible my guides to this game.